- Location: Venice, California
- Specialty: Carefully curated goods from local artists and craftspeople
- Price range: $$
- Website: visitgeneralstore.com
- Founded: 2009
- Founded by: Serena Mitnik-Miller and Mason St. Peter
From the photos I've seen, it appears the space will resemble the same paired down, modern aesthetic as their Outer Sunset location, but will be about twice the size! White walls combined with natural wood are a fitting backdrop for displaying their carefully curated goods from local artists and craftspeople. If it's anything like the original brick and mortar location, you'll be able to rummage through books, cards, jewelry, vintage clothes and wares, home accessories, terrariums by Botany Factory and even art by Serena herself.
Since I'm thousands of miles away on the opposite side of the country, I won't be popping in anytime soon. Hopefully some of you will get a chance to say, "Hello" and pay them a visit. Let us know what you think!
Around the Web
- Shopper's Diary: General Store in San Francisco[Remodelista]