Ann Arbor, Michigan
We love music. We love it so much, in fact, that we started a record label. But we also love great design, objects that fill voids, and art that fills our hearts.
Sam Valenti's record label, Ghostly International, has been around for over 10 years, and it's best known for releasing music by techno and avant-pop acts like Skeletons and Mobius Band. Their online shop, however, has grown beyond album sales. The Ghostly Store explains, "we also love great design, objects that fill voids, and art that fills our hearts."
The webshop stocks a good amount of music and clothing, as well as a small but cool selection of home tech. The focus seems to be on stuff that looks and sounds good, like Jawbone speakers, AIAIAI headphones, and IDEA International clocks and calculators.
The art, most of it by Michael Cina and Andy Gilmore, is the visual counterpart to Ghostly's techno music — black backgrounds pulse with dots of lights and pixels converge into abstract shapes.
Any first-hand experiences with the Ghostly Store? Share them in the comments.
• 10 Key Calculator by IDEA International, $54
• Balloon Speaker by IDEA International, $45
• AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones, $200
• Card Speaker by IDEA International, $75
• Jawbone Jambox, $200
• Jetlag Travel Alarm Clock by IDEA International, $40
• Petals by Andy Gilmore, $50 - $100
• Pipe Headset in Black by AIAIAI, $54
• For the Love of Vinyl: The Album Art of Hipgnosis, $35
• Ghostly Laptop Decal, $8