When we got a peek into Alex’s U Street Corridor apartment last summer, the reader response was overwhelmingly positive. This DC resident pairs a keen eye for low price, high quality antiques with an intrepid use of color. While you might not be as bold in your paint choices, one way to get a similar look to Alex's is perusing the vintage items on Etsy.Shown above, left to right:
1. In his bedroom, which has the airiest feel in the apartment, Alex’s classic wooden dresser boasts a beautiful, oversized artichoke lamp.
2. These vintage lamps ($100 for two) from Etsy seller DuchessFare are diminutive in comparison to Alex’s, but they make a similar statement.
3. Vintage portraits, decanters, and stacked suitcases give the bar corner a lived-in, quirky yet classy feel.
4. To start building a collection of decanters, try an inexpensive pair ($14.50) from TheLovelys.
5. Complement your new cut glass with a beautifully worn suitcase ($50) from LittleByrdVintage.
If you like Alex's apartment, you might also like these Etsy shops:
Dixielarue for vintage painted portaits: Dixielarue
TheSundayTimesMarket for knickknacks: TheSundayTimesMarket
FabulousMess, for mid-century modern decor and furniture : FabulousMess
- Kim Rinehimer