• Apple Store
Could this be the missing link? Might it walk on water? Maybe. Spotted last Xmas and road tested now in my own home for the past year, the Libratone system cuts the cord and allows you to stream your music right to these high fidelity speakers without going through any other computer. It will play from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Mac. If you're looking for a simple system (just your music), which can also be expanded to multiple rooms (up to six units) and plays rich sound in 360 degrees, this is for you. The only drawback? If your wifi signal is not strong and goes in and out (as mine does in this NYC apt building) the drop outs will frustrate the heck out of you.
• FullRoom acoustic technology for exceptional sound performance
• AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
• Built-in Digital Signal Processing and Digital Amplification
• Five drive units - one bass, two midrange and two ribbon-based tweeters - for crystal-clear sound
• Wrapped in Italian wool
• Libratone app (available free from the App Store) - allows you to enhance and customize your FullRoom experience"
(Image credits: )