multiple locations and online
New York, NY
AC Gears is New York's very own gadget lifestyle boutique. We hand pick the most interesting electronic products from Japan and around the world, so that you can be different from the mass.
If you're shopping for headphones in New York City, we recommend visiting AC Gears. They have two locations: one near NYU's Campus and one in Greenwich Village. Their specialty is trendy electronics (many from Japan), and they have an impressive selection of headphones from Audio-Technica, Marshall, Urbanears, AiAiAi, and other brands.
One word of warning: when you visit the shop, be prepared to see some grungy display models. In the words of Apartment Therapy blogger Aaron Able, "too many people have touched them!"
Dirty displays aside, you can find stuff here that other shops don't carry. They also have a nice webshop with online ordering, and they ship nationally.
Any first-hand experiences with AC Gears? Add them in the comments!
• Urbanears Plattan Headphones, $60
• Karlsson Pictogram Black Case Steel Clock, $46
• Elecom EHP-CIN40 Sundries PlayBrick Stereo Earphones, $40
• AC Gears Original App Magnets, $13
• IDEA LED Watch, $70
• Elecom M-EGUR Optical Egg Mouse, $50
• Lecci Mini iPod MP3 Mixer, $30
• Fuji Instax 7S Instant Camera, $120
• Lomography Oktomat Camera, $40
• Lexon Jet Calculator, $30