- Location: online only
- Specialty: Brit inspired products for gifts and home.
- Price range: $$
- Website: amara.co.uk
- Founded: 2005
- Founded by: Sam Hood
Maybe it's the upcoming Olympic games being hosted by London, but I'm feeling a little craving for British goods. Luckily, I stumbled upon Amara, a luxury gift and home accessories online store that has an identifiable Brit bent.
From Amara's About Us page:
Amara was created to showcase some of the World's finest luxury gift suggestions. Whether searching for luxury gift ideas, special home gifts or that inspirational wedding gift, at Amara we are confident we'll have the perfect idea to match that special occasion.
As you can see by the items I selected here, Amara has certainly culled a collection of unique products. My favorites are the daschund draught excluder (both for its cutnenss and it's unique name) and the knitted hot water bottle.
1. Dog Doorstops – £34.99 each
2. Mulberry Tartan Daschund Draught Excluder – £95
3. CarryPack Leather case – £39.99
4. "Please Smell Us" Flower Vase – £34.95
5. Allegro Plaid Door Stop – £64
6. Playing Card Cushion – £39.98
7. Chevron Knitted Hot Water Bottle – £38
8. Juicy Salif Lemon Squeezer – £35
9. Floursack H Chair – £599