- Location: online only
- Website: artspace.com
- Founded: 2011
- Founded by: Christopher Vroom/Catherine Levene
- Headquarters: New York, NY
What differentiates Artspace from the other affordable online galleries we've seen populating the Internet lately? Like many of those sites, they're a source for affordable prints and photographs, but they're also a place where you can find editions by well-known artists like Sol LeWitt and Eric Fischl. You don't have to be a member to buy, but membership grants you access to their week-long private sales, which feature deep discounts on contemporary art.
Artspace's collections are curated by people who "collaborate with top museums, galleries and cultural institutions." Their partners range from the Studio Museum in Harlem to the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. A portion of all sales goes towards either living artists or non-profit groups and institutions.
Any first-hand reviews of Artspace? Share them in the comments.
• Couch by Micah and Whitney Stansell, starting at $100
• Barbie by David Levinthal, starting at $300
• Amour Vivacité Ardeur Fantaisie by Assume Vivid Astro Focus, starting at $250
• Campanello by Louise Lawler, edition of 30, $18,000
• Buddy System by Kara Maria, starting at $100
• House and Bugs by Jockum Nordström, edition of 50, $3,000
• Pink Blossoms by Sally Gall, starting at $250
• Stack of Gear by Andrew Rae, starting at $100
• The Gang by Eric Fischl, edition of 100, $1,800
• Two Centimeter Wavy Bands by Sol LeWitt, edition of 60, $2,500