- Location: New York, NY and online
- Website: bhphotovideo.com
B&H is well known among New York photographers as a resource for equipment and a place to score good deals on used cameras. Beyond the big selection of specialized camera and A/V tech, they're a general electronics store that carries TVs, computers, projectors, and turntables.
Their superstore is located on Manhattan's West Side at 9th Avenue and takes up a whole block between 33rd and 34th Streets. Packed with 70,000 square feet of equipment, it can be an overwhelming experience, so it helps to do your research beforehand and come prepared.
B&H hires "working professional photographers and videographers," so the staff is knowledgeable and ready to answer questions — particularly when it comes to photo and video equipment. They also have a generous return policy and offer money-back if you're unhappy with your purchase (check with the store for limits and details of the return policy).
It's important to note that B&H is closed on Saturdays and all Jewish holidays — even online ordering is unavailable during those times. For their holiday schedule, click here.
Here's a brief overview of the kind of products you'll find at the store:
- Canon EOS 5D Digital SLR, $3,300
- 13.3" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer, $1,994
- Epson 8500UB PowerLite Home Projector, $2,100
- Bose Music to Go Package, $460
- Audio Technica Professional Turntable with USB Output, $210
- Reloop RHP-10 Professional DJ Headphones, $90
- Sony KDL-32EX400 32" BRAVIA LCD TV, $493
- Blue Snowball USB Microphone, $65
- G-Technology 500GB External Hard Drive Array, $310
- Sony DSC-S2100 Point and Shoot Digital Camera, $95
Any first-hand reviews of B&H? Add them in the comments below.