On a recent visit to The Neue Galerie New York — the Museum for German & Austrian Art — we discovered the beautiful home goods and furniture on display, most of them from designers and artisans from the Bauhaus school. We were pleased to also find that many of the designs found in the museum's collection were also available as reproductions in the museum's gift shop as part of the museum's own line Neue Haus... We love the Bauhaus and deco designs, especially the Josef Hoffmann tableware and Marcel Breuer furniture!
Shown in the Images:
• Multi-Purpose Lamp (Designed 1930) by Wilhelm Wagenfeld
• Bauhaus Teapot (Designed 1924) by Marianne Brandt
• Han Feng New York pillow (1912 pattern) by Otto Wagner
• Tables (Designed 1925) by Marcel Breuer
• Fledermaus Chair (Designed Ca. 1907) by Josef Hoffmann
• I Tondi Tea Service (Designed 1901-02) by Jutta Sika
• Port or Sherry Glass (Designed 1911) by Otto Prutscher
• Rundes Modell Cutlery (Designed 1906-07) by Josef Hoffmann
• Butterfuly Textile (Designed 1913) by Dagobert Peche
You can browse The Neue Galerie's online design shop. Have you visit The Neue Galerie and shopped at its design shop?