The price point for Benjamin Moore paint is a little higher than other hardware store brands, but so is the quality. Their low-VOC Aura and no-VOC Natura lines are even more expensive, but they've performed well in the Apartment Therapy test lab.
The company recently began an online ordering service, where you can shop for paints and supplies (including 2 ounce samples) on the web and have them delivered to your home. If you'd rather look in-person, Benjamin Moore is sold at hardware and paint stores across the country.
COLOR THERAPY RECOMMENDATIONS
• The Best Off-White Paint: Benjamin Moore
• Silver Fox by Benjamin Moore
• Coastal Fog by Benjamin Moore
• Benjamin Moore Historic Colors: Verdigris & Grey
• Knoxville Gray by Benjamin Moore
• Benjamin Moore Color Forecast 2009
• Clinton Brown by Benjamin Moore
• Classic Brown by Benjamin Moore
• Beach Haven by Benjamin Moore
Photos: Benjamin Moore
- Founded: 1883
- Founded by: Benjamin and Robert Moore
- Headquarters: Montvale, NJ
Benjamin and Robert Moore founded Moore Brothers in Brooklyn New York, selling "Moore's Prepared Calsom Finish." Over many years, the company grew until, in 2000, Warren Buffet bought it and made it a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Today, Benjamin Moore sells hundreds of paint colors, as well as low-VOC and no-VOC brands. You can shop online at their site or in-person at one of their 4,000 dealer stores.