Big Cartel acts as a shopping cart for artisans and their handmade goods.
Although there aren't many who haven't heard of Etsy, we're willing to bet there are a few who are still in the dark about Big Cartel. There are just as many talented artists at Big Cartel waiting with their handmade goods!
Big Cartel isn't strictly handmade items, though all goods have been designed by the artist who's selling them. Some might have had their work printed for them on t-shirts or have custom toys designed, but for every artist who's having their goods shipped in, there are 5 more who spend their nights holed up in the basement screen printing color after color.
Here are a few of our favorite finds, though there are so many to choose from it's a hard choice! Do you have a Big Cartel store? Maybe a friend? Ordered from a Big Cartel artist before? Leave us a link in the comments and give us the low down!
• Brain Wash Soap: There are so many fun soaps in this shop you'll consider stocking up! $9.95 from Luxury Lane Soap
• Gumball Solid Color Recycled Silk: So many colors of yarn, silks, fabrics of all sorts! for $9.49 from Darn Good Yarn
• Ruby: Artwork for your pad? Yes please! Which one will you choose? $15 from Art&Ghosts
• World Cities Map: Glitter, gold and purple maps, enough said. So awesome! $75 from These Are Things
• Divine Orange Bakers Twine: Because why have plain old boring twine when you can have these! $15 from Divine Twine
(Image: For full image credit, see links above)