Last year we introduced you to Design Hive, the Cambridge, Massachusetts indie designers market. Word has spread and Design Hive has grown to include even more emerging artists whose affordable clothing, jewelry, and housewares are made right here in Boston. Here are some highlights from this Sunday's market.
Design Hive features a revolving set of designers, so there is always something new to see. The congenial atmosphere and hip soundtrack provided by local DJs promotes a fun, relaxed shopping experience. So save yourself a trip to the burbs this holiday season and support your local design scene by doing your holiday shopping at a local crafts fair.
Design Hive is held at Baldwin School, 28 Sacramento Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Check their web site for information on upcoming events.
MORE BOSTON INDIE CRAFTS FAIRS
- Harvard Square Holiday Fair
- Boston Handmade
- Brookline Arts Center Crafts Showcase
- South End Open Market
- The Bazaar Bizarre
- The DeCordova Artists’ Market
- Eliot School Holiday Crafts Fair
- Mudflat Studio Holiday Sale
- PaperMill Studios Art Fair: December 14, 2008, 11:00am, 439 Somerville Ave in Somerville, Massachusetts
Images: Ronee Saroff