- Location: New York, NY and online
- Website: capucinekids.com
While we love the variety we find in online stores for children, sometimes you want to see products in person and kick the tires a bit. With an online shop and a store in New York's Tribeca neighborhood, Capucine Kids gives you your pie and a fork to eat it with too. You'll find some of the most popular brands and designers who focus on a modern aesthetic like Offi, DwellStudio, Avalisa, Stokke and ModMom.
Capucine Kids' offerings run the gamut from large items like adult-sized gliders to toys and bibs. Online, you can search by Category or Brand. They also offer a registry service. Shipping is free for products over $99 which may help take the sting out of larger purchases. Our one beef with the website is their "New" section which currently only has one item in it. Since we're always on the lookout for what's new and fresh in the kids' marketplace, this is usually our first stop on any website so it's disappointing when a store doesn't update this section regularly.
Here are five products that made us look twice:
• Giraffe Hook Rug (also in elephant or cheetah), $245 (2.8 x 4.8) or $354 (4.7 x 7.7)
&bull Grace Table by Jennifer DeLonge in 5 colors, $199 + $79/stool
• Little Lion Baby Book by Rag & Bone (bird version too) with fill-in pages such as "How Mom and Dad met" and "How we picked your name", $70
• Bench Box with Legs by Offi, $699 (pre-order)
• Retro Goose Lamp, made in Germany, $85
Visit Capucine Kids