Every once in a while, a store serves as comprehesive resource for information as well as products. DK Vogue is one such webshop, specializing in "authentic Danish furnishings, lighting and accessories" for the North American market. Their inventory is a who's who of Danish design — we scanned their stuff for 10 the work of 10 designers, living and past.
- Arne Jacobsen: One of the masters of Danish mid-century modernism, Arne Jacobsen designed the famous Swan, Egg, and Ant Chairs. Shown above: Swan Chair, starting at $3,050.
- Erik Magnussen: Born in 1940 in Copenhagen, he's created some of Stelton's most iconic servingware, including the Stelton Spring Collection Vacuum Jugs, $109.
- Finn Juhl: A Danish architect and industrial designer, Finn Juhl's sofas and chairs remain icons of mid-century modernism. Shown: Poet Two-Seater Sofa, price on request.
- Georg Jensen: A Danish silversmith who worked in the late 19th and early 20th century, Georg Jensen was an ahead-of-his-time designer whose work embodied minimal elegance. Shown above: Caravel Salad Servers and Bowl by Henning Koppel, $295.
- Louise Campbell: A contemporary designer for Hay and other companies, Louise Campbell is known for experimenting with materials and playful forms. Shown above: Campbell Pendant, $878.
- Vernor Panton: Arguably the most memorable designer of the psychedelic 60s and 70s, Vernor Panton experimented with plastics and metallics, and his legacy remains in the famous cantilevered plastic Panton Chair. Shown above: Metal Discs, starting at $750.
- Hans Wegner: A mid-century megastar who worked mainly in wood, Hans Wegner was strongly influenced by both Asian forms and traditional Danish craftsmanship. Shown above: China Chair, starting at $6,790.
- Cecile Manz: In 2004, she won the Danish Design Prize for her Micado table, included in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art. Shown above: Minima Series, starting at $29.
- Hee Welling: A contemporary designer for Danish Company Hay, Hee Welling created the well-known Hee Chair, starting at $212.
- Poul Henningsen: An early 20th century designer for Louis Poulsen, his work has been knocked off by IKEA, CB2, and other mainstream modern stores. He's the originator of the famous Artichoke Lamp.
This is just a small sampling from the larger world of Danish design. For more designers, information, and products, check out DK Vogue online. Any first-hand reviews of their service? Share them in the comments.
- Headquarters: West Hollywood, California
We invite you to browse products from well-known companies such as Fritz Hansen, Erik Jorgensen, Carl Hansen , PP Mobler and Fredericia as well as to sample newer and quite innovative offerings from relatively younger companies such as GUBI and Form 75. Of course, please look at the work of world-renowned designers such as Arne Jacobsen, Hans Wegner, Poul Kjaerholm, Borge Mogsensen, Nana Ditzel and Rud Thygesen, but also check out the work of some very talented younger designers such as Kasper Salto, Christina Strand , Niels Hvass, Hans Sandren Jacobsen and Morten Voss. All represent an unparalleled focus on producing the best design with the best quality for global markets. And as such are consistent with the dkVOGUE mission.