- Location: online only
- Website: greenerlifestyles.com
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington
Based out of Seattle, Washington, Eco Balanza is a sustainable sofa company that adheres to the hallmarks of good green upholstery. They use FSC-certified kiln-dried wood frames…
… and their cushions are made from natural latex foam. Inside the upholstery, they use organic cotton and wool batting, and springs are 8-way hand tied steel coils. Adhesives are 100% solvent-free, no-VOC, water-based glues. The outsides of their sofas and armchairs are green, too. Fabric options include organic hemp and cotton and recycled polyester.
Aesthetically, their collections are mostly modern, with a few button-tufted pieces thrown into the mix. Everything is made-to-order, so you have to place an order, then wait 12 weeks for your sofa, but it's a small price to pay for a truly green, locally manufactured product. On the other hand, the pricetags aren't small and reflect the time it takes to make these pieces.
They're working on getting their web store running, but in the mean time you can place e-mail or phone orders. Shipping estimates average between $150 and $450.
Any first-hand experiences with Eco Balanza? Let us know in the comments below.
• Square Collection, starting at $1,410
• Roxy Collection, starting at $1,660
• Chelan Collection, starting at $1,560
• Cleo Collection, starting at $2,260
• Dolci Collection, starting at $1,660
• Eli Collection, starting at $1,695
• Round-d Collection, starting at $2,280