It was a busy week for retail at the intersection of North and Sheffield - both West Elm and Pottery Barn opened the doors of their brand new shops for the first time. While West Elm is new to the city, Pottery Barn is a familiar fixture in the neighborhood and has simply made the move from a few blocks away.While the actual distance moved measured in city blocks moved may not have been a large one, we thought there was a big shift in the overall look and feel of the new store in terms of product and merchandising to a more abundant, old world, country-chic aesthetic.
It's a large single story shop, with many different departments flowing seamlessly into one another. There is a candle shop, faux flower shop, tabletop section, drapes and lighting, rugs, bath, bed, home office and of course, displayed throughout the entire store are the furniture pieces.
Pottery Barn opened last Friday, February 5. Did anyone make it in to the new location over the weekend? Did you visit the new West Elm too? Let us know...
(Images: Janel Laban)
- Founded: 1950
- Founded by: Paul and Morris Secon
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California
- Sister stores: Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, PB Teen, PB Kids
- Nifty Napkin Rings Roundup
- Who Has the Best Holiday Collection This Year? Style Survey
- Metal Cafe Chairs Inspiration Gallery
- Copper Decorative Accents
- Cozy Knits for the Home Roundup
- Flexible Bedroom Staple: Daybeds
- Furniture Focus Shopping List: Traditional Furniture Finds
- Handled Ceramic Casserole Dish Daily Find
- Hot Weather Home Goods: Woven Finds