- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Website: foglinenwork.com
- Founded: 1993
- Founded by: Yumiko Sekine
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
Yumiko began making linens for the home after a visit to Lithuania, where she discovered flax producers who could work with her to create an affordable but high-quality collection. In 2001, she opened her own store.
The Tokyo store carries vintage and new furniture, and — of course — linen, from tablecloths to aprons to bedspreads. The style is simple and spare; you'll find lots of neutral colors, solids, and classic checked patterns in the shop. Wooden bowls, kitchen accessories, and housewares are also on view.
In the US, Fog Linen products are available through several modern retailers, including Design Within Reach, The Gardener, Pod, Horne, and Brook Farm General Store. For the full list of retailers outside Japan, click here.
• Linen Table Cloth, ¥4830 (about $55)
• Mesh Pot, ¥504 (about $6)
• Vintage Table, ¥39,900 (about $452)
• Gauze Linen Kitchen Cloth, ¥998 (about $12)
• Red Chair, ¥18,900 (about $215)
• Linen Kitchen Cloth, ¥998 (about $12)
• Scarf, ¥5,040 (about $58)
• Linen Comforter Case, ¥29,190 (about $331)