- Location: Williamsburg?Brooklyn, NY
- Website: freshkillsflagship.com
A staple of Brooklyn since 2005, Fresh Kills provides a sharp and sophisticated charm in a collection of classic furniture pieces, artwork and other one-of-a-kind objects.
Simply describing their style as "1890's to 1990's," owners John Agujar and Fredrick Spendlove have cleverly assembled a unique collection of antique, vintage and new pieces for the home. A stroll through their Williamsburg store is to be immersed in a glamorous blend of an entire century of styles — and the visit is only enhanced by a soundtrack of playful exotica and the clickity-clack of little Montag (a sprightly little pup with discerning taste).
A long-time favorite amongst the decorating community as well as regular retail fiends, Fresh Kills remains a go-to place for custom Dunbar and Thayer Coggin seating — offering an array of high quality leather upholstery with fabrics by Knoll (including the Proenza Schouler for Knoll Luxe collection!). In addition to their eclectic store, Agujar and Spendlove also offer clients their design services, upon request.
1. Montag the pup in front of an Edward Wormley sofa for Dunbar
2. Store entrance
3. A one-of-a-kind, hinged Tick Chair
4. Artwork by Miss Pussycat
5. Drum Buddy - a light activated, mechanically rotating drum machine by Quintronics
6. The Radius Sofa by Skip Culler for Thayer Coggin
7. Custom upholstery samples
8. Studio MB Sofa by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin
To contact Fresh Kills for an upcoming decorating project or view their collection online, visit their website at www.freshkillsflagship.com
Images: Mat Sanders