- Location: online only
- Website: furni.bigcartel.com
- Founded: 2005
- Founded by: Devin Barrette and Mike Giles
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
Montreal-based design company Furni is known for their wooden clocks (we've blogged them here, here, and here). Designed with a solid wood case, the corners are smooth and rounded — a detail that makes them at once nostalgic in a 1970s-Dieter-Rams kind of way and contemporary in a 21st-century-bentwood-tech kind of way.
Designers Devin Barrette and Mike Giles started Furni in 2005 as a custom-woodworking studio, but when their clocks and watches caught on, they hired interns and found ways to scale their production up. From their studio in Montreal, they make limited editions, which they sell online. Both skateboarders, Barrette and Giles name all their editions after famous skaters.
Any first-hand reviews of Furni? Add them in the comments below.
• Alba Media Edition Alarm Clock, $148
• Alba Media Edition Alarm Clock in Walnut, $148
• Alba Media Edition Clock in Off White, $148
• Knox Intern Edition Chipboard Clock, $98
• Allen One Piece at a Time Clock, $38
• X RBW 2010 Re-issue Watch Edition, on sale for $20
• Neverend Series #1 Clock by Dan Funderberg, $198
• Furnigraphmumbletronic Watch Edition, $20 (SOLD OUT)
• Business Card Holder, $18 (SOLD OUT)
• Furni Studios
MORE INFO: Furni | Apartment Therapy Marketplace