- Location: Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Website: germain-store.com
- Founded: 2009
- Founded by: Anne Johnston Albert and Elena Litteron
- Headquarters: Great Barringon, Massachusetts
- Sister stores: Martin, Metropolitan
Located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, Germain (which just opened in 2009) is the brainchild of interior designer Elena Litteron and fashion designer Anne Johnston Albert.
Albert runs the fashion label Martin (which used to have a shop in the East Village), while Litterton's business, Metropolitan, focuses on French home goods. They've joined forces to create a complete lifestyle boutique that combines vintage, modern, and contemporary furnishings with jeans, shirts, and dresses.
The style is a blend of mid-century, industrial, and eco chic. They also sell several lines by local Massachusetts artisans, and they showcase a changing display of fine art and photography.
Photos: Martin Albert / Germain