- Location: Chicago , Illinois and online
- Specialty: Eco-friendly boutique for children and adults
- Price range: $$$
- Website: green-genes.com
- Founded: 2008
- Founded by: Heather Muenstermann and Christina Isperduli
- Headquarters: Chicago
Do you have a friend that always has the coolest stuff, and you're constantly saying, "Where did you find that?" (Oh, and your friend is also really nice and funny, too). Well, that in a nutshell is the incredibly hip Chicago-based boutique, Green Genes. Green Genes carries a wide variety of eco-friendly, handmade, and vintage items for kids and adults, and the cheerful decor and genuine warmth of the staff make a trip there an absolute treat.
Opened in 2008 by best friends and partners, Heather Muenstermann and Christina Isperduli, Green Genes is founded on the idea that eco-friendly practices should become second nature to younger generations. With that in mind, they've turned their shop into a lifestyle boutique, where shoppers can find eco-friendly goodies for the whole family and the home.
If you don't live in the Chicagoland area, they also have an online shop and offer free gift packaging.
Some of the items featured at Green Genes include:
• sustainable, eco-friendly, and vintage toys for infants and kids
• organic baby and kids' clothing
• wide variety of eco-friendly bottles, teethers, and baby gear
• handmade and vintage stationary
• fair trade and eco-friendly home decor, such as baskets, artwork, and collectibles
• non-toxic cleaners and organic bath and body goods for infants and adults