- Location: online only
- Website: mahardrygoods.com
You know you're in good hands when you visit Robert Mahar's online emporium, Mahar Drygoods - good, creative crafty hands. Robert's been presenting curious, imaginative, beautiful handcrafted goods for children before the rise of Etsy and we love to visit often to see what new artists and craftspersons he's collaborating with and, more importantly, the new alluring items for offer.
One of the best ways to keep abreast of new additions to Mahar Drygoods is to read the company blog which is full of store news and artist profiles. (Robert is also the "Grand Poobah" of the International Chapter of the Junior Society blog where he documents "better than average kiddie culture and design".) It's hard to choose our favorites of the current crop of store goodies, but we'll give it a shot:
• Clothespin People Craft Kit 2.0 ($20) - everything you and your kids need to bring your own clothespin people to life all delightfully packaged together.
• Stegosaurus Marionette ($46) - one of many wonderful wood marionettes handmade in Maine. We especially love that many are boy-friendly.
• Toadstool Tea Set - an heirloom quality gift for Alice fans or just plain tea party fans.
• Plush Fruit & Veggie Rattles ($18-24) - we just can't resist smiling produce!
• Alphabet Soup Personalized Fabrics ($36-64) - get creative yourself and think of all the things you could make from this fabric adorned with your child's name.
• Personalized Little Pen Pals Stationary ($20.75) - encourage good writing habits (not to mention thank you notes) with this darling stationery.
Visit (and often) Robert at Mahar Drygoods for all his finds and collaborations.