- Location: online only
- Website: shopmissmalaprop.com
- Founded: 2006
- Founded by: Mallory Whitfield
- Headquarters: New Orleans, Louisiana
Miss Malaprop carries a curated selection of unique, handmade and eco-friendly products. Based in New Orleans, Louisiana, the shop started years ago as a means of showcasing her own work and has since grown into a place featuring work by others who share her values. The products at this one-stop indie shop range from artwork to upcycled pillows and everything in between.
According to Mallory aka Miss Malaprop:
My goal is to be a conscious consumer. Wherever possible when I buy something, I want to know where it came from, who made it, how it was made, and what it is made from. In my shop, I want to share this information with you, so that you can make informed shopping decisions. If you don't see your questions answered here, please feel free to get in touch with me, and I will try my best to find the answers you seek!
Her shopping site features just over 30 different artists. With Miss Malaprop's roots in New Orleans, you can guess that most of her items feature none other than the Fleur de Lis. With each item she takes care to list details about the artisan and the products, which gives it a nice "get to know you" vibe. She even has an Eco-Friendly Gifts section to help with green giving.
Now for the good stuff, here are the details about the pictured products:
1. Blue Photo Blocks: Made by Bonnie Jones Photography, these are photographs of antique train cars. $35 for one or $105 for the set.
2. Recycled Burlap Pillow: Made by RePurpsoing NOLA Piece by Peace, these recycled burlap pillows made from old coffee sacks and repurposed fabric. On Sale for $25.
3. Reusable Veggie Bags: Made by Wonder Thunder, this set of 4 reusable bags is printed with water-based ink on recycled muslin. $20.
4. Tweed Franklin iSockIt Deluxe: Made by Blythe King, this cell phone or MP3 holder is made out of reclaimed tweed and fastened with a vintage button. $40.
5. Hand-Printed Kitchen Towel: Those Gals at Wonder Thunder came up with this adorable number as well. It is hand-printed with water-based inks on a 100% cotton towel. $12.
Check out more at the Marketplace or at her online shop, Miss Malaprop.
(Images: Miss Malaprop and Artists)