- Location: online only
- Website: omiyage.ca
- Founded by: Marisa Edghill and Elias de Souza
- Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
If you adore all the c-u-t-e offerings from Japan but want to find them closer to home one good option is Omiyage of Toronto. Stationery, washi, bento boxes, stamps, stickers and more, it's a great source for charming, kawaii little gifts.
Run by Marisa Edghill and Elias de Souza, they offer this description of what "omiyage" means and it gives you a sense of what they offer on their virtual shelves:
Omiyage (pronounced OH-ME-AW-GAY) is Japanese for souvenir. But, in Japan, omiyage is so much more than just a souvenir, its a way of life, a way to share a taste of the culture you have visited with loved ones. In Japan, no matter how close or far you stray from home, you bring a little something back to share with family, friends and coworkers.
These items caught our eye and you can find much more like them at Omiyage.
1. Shinzi Katoh Water the Flowers Letter Set ($8)
2. Shinzi Katoh Girlish Dot Notebook ($4.75)
3. Animal Party Kamifusen Set ($6)
4. Little Red 4 Piece Lunch Box ($22.50)
5. Red Fish Kamifusen ($2)
6. My Kitchen Stamp Set ($15)
7. Sachiko Iwabuchi Macarons Postcard ($2)
8. Pop-Up Birthday Cat Card ($4.50)
9. Salvia Squirrels Pocket Notebook ($5)
10. Colourful Tags Washi Tape ($12)
Around the Web
- Omiyage[Paper Crave]