Despite writing about our favourite decor and gift shop down the street on numerous occasions
, we've never had the chance to actually snap some photos of the new and improved Reform School, the classroom themed one-stop-shop until today. Operated by the dynamic duo of Billie and Tootie
(makes you think that Mrs. Garrett works there too, huh?), and accompanied by crafting "home ec" instructor, Jenny Ryan, the shop is filled to the brim with design, decor and gift ideas for anyone between the age of 0 - 67¾...
Reform School recently located just a block over to a newer, larger space, and the ladies have taken advantage of the Sunset Junction spot to the fullest, each corner of the shop appointed with thrift store furniture finds that display the works of local artists, designers, books, gift cards, clothing and a myriad of home accessories that have made us top of the class on many occasions when presented with a gift giving social event. And be sure to take a closer look at the ceiling and the wallpaper...the store is a visual overload of awesome that reminds us of the slambook we created in jr. high (sans dirty jokes).
And starting this February, Reform School will be hosting a new craft class division, ReForm School: Home Ec. (classes run from 7-9pm weeknights):
- Sewing 101 (two 2-hour sessions where you will learn the basics & make an envelope-back pillow): 2/3 & 2/10 - OR - 2/17 & 2/24
- Reversible Wrap Skirt (soooo cute!! you must know basic sewing. three 2-hour sessions: 2/11, 2/18 & 2/25)
- Embroidery 101 (one 2-hr session: 2/6 - OR - 2/27
- Papier-Mache Brooches (two 2-hr sessions: 2/2 & 2/9
- Valentine's Charm Bracelets for Kids (one 2-hr session, starts @ 9:30am Saturday 2/7)
- Power Tool Empowerment Class for Women: Date TBD
To sign up for a class, please call e-mail Reform School or call the shop at 323-906-8660. Class sizes are limited, so don't get caught wearing the dunce cap.