If you went to a William Morris exhibit at the V&A while tripping on LSD, you might start seeing the world the way Rococo does.
Everything they do is crazy, colorful, a little bit stupid, and a lot of fun. Based out of Mexico City, the company is divided into 5 sections:
1) Autor: a limited-edition line of artist-designed furniture
2) Lab: an experimental collaboration between artists and textile makers
3) Casa: interior fabrics and upholstery
4) Decor: off-the-wall tchotkes for the home
5) Textiles: the "basic" (as if that word really applies here) line, 100% designed and manufactured in Mexico.
These are high-end pieces (prices on request), many of them one-offs, and they have a showroom that's open by appointment in Mexico City. They explain the design process on their site: "With the intention of supporting Mexican art and talent, ROCOCO incorporates into its production craftsmen and artists that rescue restore and give a new story to each piece."
A few of our picks:
- Ya Fui a Llorar
- Pensamiento Cosmológico
- Juego de Pelota
- Black Sweet Calavera Textiles
- Bird Venato Textiles
- Laberinto Elegante Textiles
- Pepona Él Textiles
- Zoologico Papel Amarillo Textiles