- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and online
- Website: shoprootsinc.com
- Founded: 2009
- Founded by: Heather Stauffer
- Headquarters: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Just outside of Philadelphia in Chestnut Hill is a small shop that carries major modern brands — Chilewich placemats, Fatboy ottomans, Thomas Paul serving dishes — as well as out-of-the-ordinary art like paper mache animal heads and insect displays by Christopher Marley.
Owner Heather Stauffer describes the shop's aesthetic as a healthy balance "between a traditional and modern demographic." Alongside a few big-ticket furniture items, Roots focuses on lighting, gifts, and accessories. It's the kind of well curated store that's a good stop for a housewarming present or a quick pick-me-up for your home.
Any first-hand reviews of Roots? Let us know in the comments below.
SOME OF THE ITEMS SHOWN ABOVE
• Floating Feather Ornaments, $9
• Paper Mache Animal Heads, around $175 - $300
• Fatboy Ottomans, $90
• Insect Artwork by Christopher Marley, around $200 - $1,000
• Thomas Paul Pillows, $80 - $120
• Artichoke Lamps, $550
• Modern Servingware, $15 - $120
• Chilewich Placemats and Runners, $12 - $44
Around the Web
- Roots Inc Home Boutique Opens[Daily Candy]