A good resource to bookmark when you're comparison shopping for task chairs, Sit4Less carries most of the big-name brands, including Knoll, Herman Miller, Global, and Steelcase.
These brands — which tend to have higher levels of quality and higher prices — are supplemented by budget lines, including a "Sit4Less" collection of basic office chairs. They also have a clearance section that's regularly updated with mark-downs.
If you're in the Continental United States, you can have your chair shipped for free. Shipping times vary, but if you select an item from their Quick Ship catalog, it'll be in stock and ready for immediate delivery.
Not everything they have is pretty — there are some definite clunkers in the mix, but overall the selection is very broad and there are a lot of affordable but still stylish options.
- Herman Miller Aeron Chairs, $550 - $1,150
- Steelcase Leap Chairs, $800 - $2,100
- Knoll Generation Chairs, starting at $650
- Humanscale Freedom Chairs, $900 - $1,200
- Sit 4 Less E-Chair, starting at $300
• RELATED: In Search of the Perfect Task Chair: 10 Sources