Esther Mun and Tina Chang
New York, New York
Esther Mun and Tina Chang were designers at New York's Pentagram before they founded their own firm, Little Fury, and began producing a line of paper products under the brand "Start Here." Their webshop is a place for "pretty, functional things by independent designers and craftsmen." Brands include reusable bags from Baggu and Utility Canvas, Chimes all-natural ginger chews, Eighteenth T-shirts by Alexa Galler, modern wood products by Furni and Goodwood Design, personal health products by Help Remedies, vegan lip balm by Hurraw, ceramics by Oom, and decorative planters by Pull and Push.
Part of every sale goes to a charity partner focused on poverty relief — right now, 5 percent of purchases will go to healinghaiti.org and opportunity.org.
• Alba Media Edition Alarm Clock by Furni, $148
• Lip Balm by Hurraw!, $4
• Help I've Cut Myself by Help Remedies, $4
• Utility Canvas Zip Top Bag, $140
• New Math Cards by Start Here and New Math, $8
• Cottage Incense Pot by Pull and Push, $56
• Cube Planter Made by Pull+Push, $80
• Self Adhesive Book Spines by Start Here, $6
• All American Blades by Goodwood Design, $42
• Bird/Pear Salt & Pepper Shakers by Oom Studio, $40