- Location: online only
- Website: svpply.com
- Founded: 2010
- Founded by: Ben Pieratt, Zach Klein, and Eric Jacobsen
- Headquarters: Somerville, Massachusetts
Based out of Somerville, Massachusetts, Svpply is the brainchild of designer/developers Ben Pieratt (of The Egotist Network), Eric Jacobsen (of Fwis LLC), and Zach Klein (of Vimeo.com).
I tested the waters today, creating an account and sifting through products added by users around the world. The sign-up process is simple and intuitive, and it's a pleasure to stumble through user pages, looking for like-minded shoppers and discovering new stores along the way.
In addition to home goods, Svpply's main categories are apparel, accessories, shoes, tech, and media. You can search products by price and gender (a helpful feature for clothes hounds).
Compared to other social shopping sites like Polyvore and Boutiques.com, Svpply seems to skew towards an edgier, more modern aesthetic.
Any first-hand reviews of Svpply? Share them in the comments below.
• The Bike Shelf at Knife and Saw | US, $300
• Moddea Calendreco at YLiving | US, $60
• Bend Seating | US, $450
• San Francisco Travel Poster by Heads of State | US, $30
• Farmland Metal and Orange Plastic Crate at Etsy | US, SOLD
• Acapulco Chair at Sant Design | London, price on request
• Remix Napkin from Ferm Living | Denmark, €4.70
• Avani Portable Fire Feature from Brasafire | US, $385
• Hayman Mini from Urban Living | Sweden, 1 685 SEK
• 1940s Modern Michelin Man Glass Ceiling Lamp at Quintessentia | US, $400