- Location: online only
- Website: arkestairs.com
- Founded by: Albini & Fontanot
Arke modular staircases come in all shapes and sizes and best of all, they're perfect for small spaces. They don't require any special tools to assemble and are completely customizable when it comes to stair height and depth, without paying extra. The best part is there's nothing to paint, weld, stain or seal upon arriving on your doorstep!
We came across Arke stairs while in a search to find two staircases for our own home that need to fit in a particularly awkward and small space. Taking up extra room on the floorplan just isn't in the cards if we want to actually have room to live, so our attention has turned to Arke.
We've been more than impressed by their step-by-step assembly videos that walk buyers through every step of the process, eliminating the need to hire a contractor to do install work. In addition to the usual paper instructions they also mail a DVD showing the process as well. Arke carries 6 different styles of stiars:
First Row, Left To Right
• Eureka Stairs: An indoor/outdoor painted steel spiral staircase that can be adjusted up to two feet upon arrival in your home.
• Phoenix Stairs: Wood and steel spiral stairs come in widths of 3, 4 or 5 feet.
• Karina Stairs: This set of stairs is perfect for a loft or attic where space is at a minimum. The steps alternate their depth from left to right, from stair to stair, reducing the amount of space this staircase takes up.
• Kompact Stairs: These are our favorite stairs of the group due to their insane amount of flexibility. There's 152 different ways to customize these bad boys once they're on your doorstep and only require basic tools to assemble.
• Lan Railings: The Lan railing is designed to be used on an internal staircase or balcony mezzanine. The flexible handrail allows for a straight or curved installation.
Second Row, Left To Right
• Nik Railings: Made with aluminum balusters, stainless steel cables and a wooden handrail, this vertical supports can either be attached to the side of a stair or on top of a mezzanine.
• Genius Stairs: These stairs are custom made and installed to your design specifications.