- Location: online only
- Website: smilingplanet.net
Smiling Planet is an online store that creates products based upon the illustrations from their children's books. Their products are always part of a bigger story (literally) and they're super-duper eco-friendly to boot! They aim to make children and parents alike smile through their day and who can't get behind that?
Smiling Planet is running at the top of the pack when it comes to children's dinnerware and the methods in which it is made. Their plates and bowls have no BPA, no phthalates, no lead, no toxic inks and are CPSIA compliant. They are also made from 100% recycled, 100% recyclable, safe, high-grade polypropylene plastic — making them a safe alternative to melamine, especially with their sub-surface decorations. "The one-inch vertical sides on the plates help keep food on forks and off the table. The plates and bowls are stackable, top rack dishwasher safe, and virtually unbreakable."
They also have posters and books in their store, all of which carry the same earth friendly, harmonious themes at reasonable prices.
Although their website doesn't allow us to directly link you to their individual products, navigation on the site is extremely easy. Across the top you'll find tabs for the type of product you're looking for and large, easy to see displays will pop right up. It's easy, we promise! Here's a few of our favorites:
First Row, Left To Right
• Fine Non China: 8" plate for $14
• White Peace: 8" plate for $14
• Smiling Planet Placemats: (sold out)
• Together It's A Wonderful World Poster: 12"x18" for $26.50
• Smiling Planet Book: for $14
Second Row, Left To Right
• Smiling Planet Poster: for $26.50 12"x18"
• Dreaming Cat Plate: 8" for $14
• Make Your Mother Happy Plate: 8" for $14
• Fairies Fly Recto Placemat: (sold out)
• A Baby In The White House Book: for $14
Smiling Planet will have new clothing, bowls, posters and pillows out shortly, so keep an eye on their webstore and watch for them in children and green boutiques near you!
(Image: Smiling Planet)