- Location: multiple locations and online
- Website: theclassicbicycleshop.com
- Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
These are the kinds of beautiful objects that inspired Marcel Brauer to make a tubular steel chair from a bicycle frame. (His muse was actually an Adler bicycle from the early 1900s — for the full story, click here.)
Collections are divided into women's and men's models, as well as specialty or custom-made designs. There's also a good selection of parts, including period-reproduction bicycle baskets, bells, wheels, and tires.
The Classic Bicycle Shop has two locations — one in Melbourne and one in Adelaide — and their webshop is well-designed and easy to browse. Here's a glimpse of what's available...
• Parallel Bar 18-inch (Ladies), $680
• Triple Bar 19-inch (Ladies), $680
• Parallel Bar 24-inch (Ladies), $680
• 3-Speed Straight Bar 24-inch (Gents), $850
• Rear Coaster 22-24-inch (Gents), $680
• Custom Bicycles, price on request
• Low Gravity Delivery Bicycle, price on request
• Tyres and Tube, starting at $12
• Wheels, starting at $95
• Wire and Wicker Baskets, starting at $35
Any first-hand experiences with the Classic Bicycle Shop? Share them in the comments!