The Rug Company — which started in London — has been slowly expanding its U.S. presence, and they're up to four American locations: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and now Chicago. The new store is located in the upscale River North neighborhood, which gives a clue to the kind of merchandise you'll find within.Founded by design-minded duo Suzanne and Christopher Sharp, the store's inventory is divided into three main collections: traditional (think gorgeous hand-tufted Turkish rugs), contemporary (lots of bright colors and mod patterns), and designer collaborations.
The designer collection is what really distinguishes the Rug Company. A-list names like Paul Smith, Tom Dixon, and Vivienne Westwood have signed on to create exclusive designs for the store, and the results are really stunning. What's more, the entire collection is listed online, gorgeously photographed in old mansions and cavernous lofts...definitely worth checking out if you're in the mood for some eye candy.
- Pebbles Brown by Allegra Hicks from the Designer Collection
- Akdamar Red from the Traditional Collection
- Chiesa Yellow by Suzanne Sharp from the Contemporary Collection
- Navajo Red by Alexandra Champalimaud from the Designer Collection
- Overleaf by Marni from the Designer Collection
- Dippy Pink by Suzanne Sharp from the Contemporary Collection
- Cowhide Cross-stitch from the Contemporary Collection
- Tangle Black from the Contemporary Collection
- Star Red by Paul Smith from the Designer Collection
NEW CHICAGO STORE
320 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654