- Location: online only
- Website: fabric.com
Last week we looked at the history behind flame stitch, and since then I keep seeing the pattern everywhere I look! Flame stitch may be a thousand years old, but it can be a surprisingly fresh and fun element in a room. Here is a roundup of ways you can incorporate the look into your own home.
Rugs, walls, pillows, even cocktail shakers: there are many ways to add either a big or small dose of flame stitch to your interior. You can also look in fabric stores for flame stitch patterns that you can use as table linens or drapery. With Missoni Home coming to your local Target, flame stitch just might be having its best year ever!
1.. Mag-Neat-O carpet tiles from Flor, $9.29/sq. ft.
2. Mary McDonald's dressing room, featuring Osborne & Little's Volte wallcovering, via Maison 21
3. Janet Embroidered bedspread from Missoni Home, via Take Sunset
4. Missoni Home for Target, coming soon! via Fallon Confidential
5. Jonathan Adler's Bargello Worth Avenue Pillow, $175
6. Flame stitch decorative painting by Apartment Therapy's own Mark Chamberlain, via Lonny
7. Zoffany's "Bargello" upholstery fabric
8. Firenze Stretch Lace Bargello in Pink/Turquoise, $6.98/yard at Fabric.com
Images: As linked above.