- Location: Chicago, IL
- Website: unclefunchicago.com
Uncle Fun is not (just) a toy store. Walking into this shop is like walking into an 8-year-old's garage sale (if that 8-year-old was actually 33, with a discriminating eye for kitsch and an obsessive-compulsive disorder).
It's the perfect place to find party favors, gag gifts, and lost youth. It's especially conducive for Halloween inspiration! No matter what you discover (and instantly can't live without), it'll be a bargain, as most items cost under $5.
Although Uncle Fun is most certainly a place to experience in person, jump down for some photos and a sample list of their ever-changing and hilarious stock...
• Che Guevara Band-aid Tins
• Coffee Table Books ("JFK and Art" to Boy Band biographies)
• Drawers labeled "Snakes & Grooms" and "HUGE Rooster"
• Bobble Heads
• Paper Dolls
• "Understanding Modern Art" Breath Spray
• Postcards, Postcards, Postcards!
• "Martha Stewart Living" (baggies filled with miniature gardening utensils)
• Playboy Bunny Gift Wrap
• Brady Bunch Action Figures
• Vintage Candy
• Bacon-Shaped Luggage Tags
• Eames Address Books
• Things That Squirt