- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Website: theurbancraftcenter.com
If you're a crafter residing in the Los Angeles area, The Urban Craft Center in Santa Monica is not to be missed. During a recent trip to LA, I checked out a couple must see spots from Re-Nest's A Green City Guide to Los Angeles, and The Urban Craft Center was one of them. "A place of social gathering and craft inspiration," the center offers classes, studio memberships, private lessons and parties. Interested? Read on for details and pricing.
Does the center provide resources for your favorite medium? Is a visit is worthwhile? If you don't find the answers below to your questions, visit The Urban Craft Center online.
altered art, bookbinding, candle making, crocheting, doll making, embroidery, fiber and fabric dyeing, knitting, jewelry making, natural body care, needle felting, paper crafts, polymer clay, quilting, rubber stamping, scrapbooking, sewing, soap making, screen printing, spinning, wet felting, zines
- Studio Memberships: "Membership allows you to use the UCC as a home base. Drop in whenever you want, for just a few minutes or all day. Store your supplies in one of our lockers and use your free friend passes to bring someone along for the fun." Studio memberships are either $45 or $65 per month, depending on which package you choose.
- Hourly Studio Rates: Visit the UCC for 1 hour ($6 per person), 2 hours ($11 per person) or all day ($15 per person).
- Private Lessons: Private lessons are $35 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. Lessons offered include sewing, knitting, crochet, screen printing, soap making, felting, altered arts and bookbinding.
Group lessons and parties are also welcome. Click here for more information.
(Images: Landis Carey)