Serap Demirag and Deger Cengiz
Voos is a curated collection of work by local New York designers. Their main showroom is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and they have a satellite store on the mezzanine floor of ABC Carpet & Home in Manhattan.
The amazing weather this weekend made it a great time to take a walk over the Williamsburg Bridge and check out the new VOOS Furniture store on North Third. Just west of Berry (next to Mast Brothers Chocolate!) is one of the largest collections of furniture by New York City designers outside of BKLYN Designs. Self-described as "a condensed capsule of locally grown design" VOOS carries innovative and sculptural furniture from designers like Brave Space, Takeshi Miyakawa, Uhuru, and Desu Design — you can see a full list of designers on the VOOS site...
• 1 Three Ring Table/Bench from Um Project
• 2 View from rear of VOOS
• 3 A light fixture made from plastic coat hangers by Sonic Design
• 4 A cork lounge from DMFD
• 5 Symbol Coat Rack by Desu Design
• 6 A glimpse...
• 7 Z shelf by Miron Lior
• 8 Steel and Maple chairs by Produce
• 9 A powder-coated aluminum shelving unit on casters — Filing Tree by Laurie Beckerman
• 10 A room unit made from a collection of simple modular elements will have a proper debut at ICFF next month.
Prices range greatly — some decorative accessories and tabletop can be purchased for around $100 and large sculptural pieces are prized in the thousands. A great place to keep tabs on local design talent!
For more on VOOS, check out the recent profile in The New York Times.
(Images: Aaron Able)