Q: I fell in love with the Long Island Sofa from sofa.com — the clean lines, wide generous cushions, and overall relaxed-yet-luxurious look resonated with me and my search for "the perfect family couch." The only thing standing between me and THAT couch was the small fact that I don't live in Great Britain.
Clockwise from top left: Canvas Home, MUD, Heath, Crate & Barrel, Alessi
Updated and following up from my recent survey on your preference for white or colored plates (in which plain white came out ahead for daily use), this is my curated list of white dinnerware sets that can rock your table and your food. What I have used personally at home is on this list (see asterisk), but I've really stretched the price points again, so you can find something beautiful at any budget. Enjoy and comment away!
Call it red-and-green fatigue, but this year, we're simplifying our holiday color palette. We're taking inspiration from twinkling stars, shiny ornaments and strings of white lights for a simple look that sparkles — especially at the dinner table. Here are our tips for making your holiday table shine.
This eye catching product found its way into our offices last year along with one of the inventors, Nikhil Arora, and I loved the story. Inspired by hydroponics and the way plants clean nutrient rich water, the Aqua Farm is a fish tank that grows food at the same time, using the fish waste to feed the plants. It's a lovely biology lesson and a novel household item in one. Check it out.
Prize: $1,000 Shutterfly Gift Card From: Shutterfly Value: $1,000
Our friends at Shutterfly are here with more good cheer just in time for the holidays! They're giving one lucky AT reader $1,000 to spend on personalized goods, including a wide range of holiday ornaments, candles, gift wrap and more seasonal items that can all be personalized with your favorite festive photos, quotes or your monogram.
One year I want to make an advent calendar that my family can use for years to come. This is not that year. But using an advent calendar is a tradition I loved as a child and want to share with my young children. Here are 25 of my favorites for sale this year: from nice, fabric and wood ones to use every year to less expensive paper options.
It's that special time of year when your table is about to see some major action. Make sure it's ready for the onslaught by sprucing it up with a few new cute, gleamy, stylish items. These 10 are all on sale.
There's a secret formula Maxwell uses when concepting color for a room. It's called the 80-20 rule and it's very simple: if you decorate 80% of a room in neutral colors, you can get very colorful with the other 20%. But how can you calculate a "percentage" of a room's color to put it into practice? For bedrooms, the answer is easy.
A friend has this bag, and I admired it from across the room. From Fjällräven, but made of their G-1000 waxed poly-cotton fabric with leather straps, this is a really nice small around-town day bag with a vintage feel. Comes in 10 colors!