With all we need within walking distance of our apartment, including fantastic stores and sales, we don't often leave the District. The Washington Post recently reminded us of some great nearby resources with its long list of recommended Baltimore home stores. We've heard fantastic things about the salvaged items at Second Chance (one of Amy's favorite resources for her Mt. Pleasant Green House). What do you think of the Post's recommendations? See the list below the jump...
The Washington Post prefers these stores in Baltimore:
- Blue House Life (eco-friendly furnishings; folding chair made from recycled wine barrels is shown at left)
- Gore Dean (antiques and contemporary items; also in Georgetown)
- Home on the Harbor (modern, contemporary furnishings)
- Nouveau Contemporary Goods (classic and contemporary style; entertainment center shown)
- PAD (carries mainly Calligaris products, which are well-suited for small spaces)
- Patrick Sutton (antiques and one-of-a-kind pieces)
- Red Tree (offerings include wood furnishings from Indonesia)
Do you agree with this list?