Nothing says "I love you" like a colon, dash and asterisk, right? Give your sweetie tons of :-* kisses—plus a few smileys, tears and a dude with his tongue out—with these awesomely geeky emoticon gifts. Whether they're a java nut, bookworm or borderline drunk, there's something in here for them.
Some things are handmade (How much do you love Etsy?), some are store-bought, and one—well, it's not even available yet.
But these goodies are all great gifts for the geek in your life, especially if you're long distance. Why just say "I love you" when you can show it with punctuation?
- These Hand-stamped fabric bookends ($58, JoshuabyOak on Etsy) feature all kinds of typographic designs, but we love the quotation mark smiley the most.
- Sick of "Keep Calm" posters? Yeah, us too. But we can't help but love the webby take on it with this 13"x9" OMG WTF BTW LOL BRB poster ($17, queensspoof on Etsy).
- Make use of wasted time! Brush up on lesser-known emoticons while you shower with this Emotiocon Shower Curtain ($14.99, Bed, Bath and Beyond).
- Show your party guests what to do with these Emoticon Shot Glasses that feature punctuation representations of a dance party and a ping-pong game ($26 for 4, Uncommon Goods)
- Going to a formal event? It's tough to embrace your inner geek with a penguin suit on. We recommend trying these Emoticon Cufflinks ($33.99, Amazon.com).
- Here's a USB Emoticon Keyboard that can type up a bazillion (we might have our math wrong) different sideways punctuation combinations. Sure, you could just use a regular keyboard, but where's the fun in that?
- For the caffeine crazed, keep your coffee warm and your hands soft by wrapping your morning brew in this Emoticon Coffee Cozy ($16, MothyMitts on Etsy).
- Know someone that writes in emoticons? This Emoticon Paper Stamp is the perfect gift, with seven belts, 20 symbols and over 2,000 different emoticons ($51, Japan Trend Shop).
- Wrap up your iPhone in emotions with this black and white Emoticon iPhone Case ($27.99, eSurplussStock).
- OK, so this one doesn't technically exist yet (worst gift list ever, right?), but we love it so much we had to share: This bubbly prototype Emoticon Keyboard features 16 different pre-programmed faces that can be called on in an instant for your next GChat.