We ogled Apartment Therapy San Francisco's post Decorating with Shutters when it went up. And we loved the shutters in our last apartment. Given this love, and being Kitchen and Bath Month, this pairing just had to come up. The bathroom in particular seems a good place for shutters: for modulating not only light, but privacy. Let's take a look at a few inspiring examples of shutters on bathroom windows:
• 1 Shutters help blend the windows into this all creamy white bathroom from House to Home
• 2 Antique shutters over this bath add to the room's rustic feel. Via Velvet & Linen.
• 3 Crisp white shutters don a chic black and white bathroom from Canadian House and Home.
• 4 These shutters go right along with the room's simple vibe. Via Light Locations.
• 5 Custom shutters newly installed in A Country Farmhouse.
• 6 The dark shutters, along with the countertop, are accents in this white bathroom from House to Home.
• 7 More farmhouse shutter simplicity, this time from Country Living.
• 8 Dark and dramatic (with a copper tub!) from The Shutter Store.
• 9 These are flung open wide, with the window sills being used for a little tub storage. Love the rustic nature of these shutters with the matching wainscoting and the wide plank floors. Via House to Home.
• 10 There are a few things to love about this bathroom: the shutters fitted to the large arched window, the trestle table sink stand, and that stone flooring that goes right up the walls. Via DecorPad.