No more slamming drawers or lids, soft close products will give you a bit more peace and quiet at home. Our dressers may look handsome and provide all the drawer space we need. But are they pleasantly quiet as we use them? If you live in a household with one or two adults, furniture that can't slam may not seem that big a deal. However, if you're in a household with multiple people that include kids, grandparents and pets, soft close products and furniture are silent gifts from heaven.
Enjoy the silence. Soft close home goods is another layer in functional design. They include features like easy open gliders, dampers for silent closing and modified hinges.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Hendrix Desk, $1,499.00 from Crate & Barrel
2. Stuva Storage combination w doors/drawers, white, multicolor, $285.00 from Ikea
3. KV Soft Close Top Mount Waste Bins Double Bin 35qt Platinum, $132.15 from Woodworkers Hardware
4. Fingerprint-Proof Round Step Can, $69.99 from Simple Human
5. Toto Round SoftClose Toilet Seat, $31.99 from Wayfair
MORE WAYS TO CREATE QUIET ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• How To: Keep Technology Quiet at Night
• Sweet Spot: Creating a Small Quiet Space
(Images: As credited above.)