Silicone is one of the most versatile and exciting materials to hit the baby product scene in years, especially in terms of safety. We've written about silicone placemats, spoons, bottle covers, baby kneepads, cake molds, teethers, and more. Now comes news of an all-silicone baby bottle.
It doesn't seem like choosing a baby bottle should be that hard, but when we were trying to help an expecting friend recently we admit to being overwhelmed by all the choices. Here are the features of Prince Lionheart's silicone bottle which we think make it a contender:
- it's made from medical grade silicone making it hypoallergenic
- it's BPA, phthalate, PVC, latex and lead free
- unlike glass bottles, it's unbreakable (and lighter)
- it can be used in the microwave*, freezer and dishwasher
- we like the gender neutral color choices: white, grey or orange
- it collapses while feeding which reduces bubbles making it more comfortable for the baby
In the end, we told our friend to relax and not get hung up on the bottle decision, but we do like the benefits of silicone and hope to check out this bottle in person soon.