Fashion magazines are full of bling lately. But I'm not talking about jewelry. I'm talking about shoes and clothes. It isn't just because the holiday season is coming up: the runways are awash in sequins and silver; glitter and shimmer. How about a little silver in the home?
In ye olden days, if you had any silver (candlesticks, gravy boats, etc) you proudly displayed it in your dining room hutch or on a side table. These days silver has been displaced by ceramics, herbal infusers, and random accessories. The glimmering shine of silver is absent in most homes. I say, bring back a bit of silver! Not only does it light up a room, silver is the epitome of elegance and sophistication. And, no, it doesn't have to be the real thing! A silver painted lamp is magic enough. And, please: Don't go overboard or your room may look like the Quartermaines' McMansion in a 1970s episode of General Hospital. Or worse, something out of the reality show Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane
1. Artichoke lamp from Vintage Looks,
2. Silver magazine holder from Wisteria
3. Lazy Susan hanging lantern at Amazon
4. Candelabra Home antiqued silver glass lamp from Candelabra
5. Chinese garden stool from Overstock
1. Compinibili storage units by Kartell at ABC Carpet & Home
2. Oly Studio Morgan bed at Candelabra
3. Raj chair from Wisteria
4. John Derian
Moroccan pouf, $345.
Images: As credited above.