Silver and gold brighten up the holiday season, but they can be in place throughout the entire year, too. Here, we look at silver and gold leafing on walls, ceilings, and decorations for the home.
• 1 An art installation by James Lee Byars. photo courtesy of Michael Werner Gallery, New York and Cologne, and the Estate of James Lee Byars
• 2 Domino via Design Crisis
• 3 A silver leaf version of the Eames' LTR occasional table
• 4 From a gold leaf accent wall how-to at HGTV
• 5 Silver leaf pendant lamp at Haysom Lighting (in the UK)
If you like the look and want to attempt it yourself, check out the helpful how-to at Gilded Planet. It's far from cheap, but there are also less expensive imitations of gold and silver, copper, or aluminum leaf available.