An old school source we've turned to when things get kooky starts with the premise that keeping your kitchen sink clean will have a domino effect on the cleanliness of the whole room. We initially scoffed at the thought but discovered that it works. Turns out, there's one item in every room that will give the impression that the whole room is tidy...
- In the bedroom, a made bed will make the entire room feel serene
- Clear and neat counters and bathtub ledges can make up for other bathroom clutter
- In the living room, a neat and organized coffee table will distract the eye from chaos elsewhere
- In a home office (or even "out there" in your office or cubicle), an organized desk not only makes the rest of the room feel that way too but clearing off your desk at the end of the day is a good way to make the transition from working to relaxing.
- The dining room's focal point? The table. Keep mail from piling up here and suddenly the room is inviting
- In the entranceway, a neat landing strip gives a great first impression and sets the tone for how you feel about coming home; it's also a calming to have this be the last image of your home as you leave for the day.