In today's video, Maxwell shows us how to make the David Stark Luminary. An easy DIY for your next dinner party, these centerpieces are customizable for every occasion and give you a chance to try out styles and patterns in a very low-cost, high-impact way.
• The Star: Ten years ago, Maxwell Ryan was known as the "apartment therapist," traveling by scooter to his clients' homes to help them make their spaces beautiful, organized and healthy. Part interior designer, part life coach, his touchpoints were simplicity, comfort, and lack of clutter. Unlike typical designers, Maxwell didn't want to dictate where things should go or how people should live, he wanted to arm them with the tools and the confidence to decide for themselves. Maxwell launched Apartment Therapy in 2004, turning the weekly email into a daily blog post, reviewing stores, offering tips, posting photos of Maxwell's design projects and answering readers' questions. Maxwell has a B.A. from Oberlin College, an M.A. from Columbia University, and a M. Ed. from Antioch. He lives in New York's Greenwich Village with his daughter, Ursula.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• Pro DIY Project: David Stark's Patterned Luminary from the Printer
• Tin Can Luminaries
• DIY Thanksgiving Decor: Pressed Flower Luminaries
• Acetate Projector Sheets, Colored Vellum & Glass Candle Holders
Comments have been disabled.