The natural world offers so many ways to decorate our homes this time of year, from fresh greenery and vibrant fruits to warm spices and rustic pine cones. You don't have to spend a lot of money or time either. Sometimes the best ideas are also the simplest ideas.
This past week I was looking for something festive to make with a bundle of pine cones. I learned there are a lot of crafty ideas out there involving glitter, spray paint, hot glue guns...lots of hot glue. But as I looked at my bundle of pine cones, I realized they are quite beautiful just as they are, so I gathered them into a pretty bowl and voila, a lovely decoration.
Check out this roundup of decoration ideas that do not blink, contain no glitter, and are not inflatable.
1. Miniature live trees in a mix of white containers from Better Homes and Gardens.
2. Clementine and clove pomanders gathered in a bowl from Good Housekeeping.
3. Virbrant winter berries gathered in a glass vase from Inspire Bohemia.
4. Evergreen swag and pine cones are used to create an elegant garland from Martha Stewart.
5. Lovely ornaments made from a bundle of fragrant cinnamon sticks tied together with a soft red ribbon, via Real Simple.
6. Natural pomegranate ornaments from Design Sponge.
7. Create elegant and inexpensive napkin rings for a holiday party using raffia and boxwood sprigs or winter berries, via Apartment Therapy.
8. Stunning and vibrant winter citrus wreath tutorial from Real Simple.
9. Boom. Pine cones in a bowl with a splash of winter berries from The Field of Flowers.
10. Dried orange slice garland from Flowerpatch Farm Girl via The Kitchn.
(Images: As linked above)