One of the easiest ways to lower your carbon footprint is to eat lower on the food chain. While you may not want to follow in Gregory's footsteps (we are awed by his commitment to eating vegan for the last month), if we all centered our meals around grains and vegetables instead of meat just one day a week it would have a significant impact on the planet (not to mention your wallet). Our sister site, the Kitchn, is an incredible resource for tasty gastronomic delights. Links to a few ideas to get you started, after the jump...
- Spring Spinach and Herb Soup makes a delightul first course. Add some crusty bread for a nice light supper.
- Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger is good hot or cold. Stir in a little yoghurt for a cool variation.
- Rich No Cream Wild Mushroom Pasta Sauce is great hearty dish for cooler evenings
- Ridiculously Quick Pasta Al Pomodoro is the easy answer to what to do with your bounty of fresh tomatoes from the Farmer's Market.
- Spicy Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry takes a classic vegetarian combo and kicks it up a notch.